The Health Sciences Academy at ACC provides access to a comprehensive selection of advanced course offerings for students seeking a career in healthcare. The academy’s qualified faculty, advanced technologies, and effective teaching techniques help you build the skills that healthcare employers seek. Students can complete a pharmacy technician certificate, phlebotomy certificate, or emergency medical technician certificate (EMT) depending on interest.
- Be a high school junior in order to complete the pharmacy technician certificate.
- Be a high school senior in order to complete the phlebotomy technician certificate.
- Be 18 years old by July 1 of your senior year.
- Have an overall high school grade point average of 2.50 or better.
- Complete one of the following with the minimum grade listed: High School Biology/B; College-level Biology/C; or Health Sciences Technology/B.
- Be TSI complete in reading, writing
- Be TSI complete in math by November 15 of first semester for pharmacy technician.
- Complete the Health Sciences Academy application.
- Submit immunization records to the online system before spring semester.
- Complete the following courses with a C or better: Essentials of Medical Terminology and Student Success for Health Professionals.
- Maintain overall ACC grade point average of 2.50 or higher.
- Pass a criminal background check, drug screening, tuberculosis test, physical, and fingerprint background check prior to clinical internship. Additional fees may apply that are not included in tuition waiver, approximately $200.
- 4+ semesters (Pharmacy Technician Certificate)
- 3 semester (Phlebotomy Technician Certificate)
- 2 semesters (Emergency Medical Technician Certificate)
- Pharmacy Technician: Retail pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician: Hospital pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician: Veterinary pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician: Pharmacy robotics and automation
- Phlebotomy Technician: Phlebotomist
- Emergency Medical Technician: Emergency Medical Technician