Graduate High School Job-Ready
You can earn an entry-level career certificate, in addition to your high school diploma! Austin Community College offers five Career Academies to help you land an in-demand job as soon as possible. From education to manufacturing, there’s a program to match every interest.
What’s the cost?
Tuition and fees are waived for in-district students. Out-of-district students qualify for significant discounts and pay just $150 per course. These discounts are good for up to 12 courses, after which regular tuition and fees are assessed for both groups. Textbooks and course materials are not included.
Who can participate?
Eligibility requirements vary by program. Visit the page of the Career Academy that interests you to learn more:
- Automotive (info coming soon)
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
- Welding (info coming soon)
Where are classes held & who teaches them?
Classes are taught by ACC faculty on ACC campuses (or virtually, when necessary).
Do my credits transfer?
Career Academy classes are intended for workforce entry, not university transfer. However, some credits may be applied toward an associate degree. Chat with your ACC advisor before taking classes you intend to transfer.
Follow these steps to start working on your career certificate:
- Meet with your high school counselor to review requirements.
- Apply to the Career Academy that interests you most.
- Submit your online ACC application.
- Complete the online orientation and pass the assessment at the end with a score of 80% or higher.
- Register for Career Academy classes.