There are thousands of good-paying manufacturing jobs right here in Central Texas. You can graduate high school with the skills you need to enter this exciting industry by joining Austin Community College’s Manufacturing Academy. As a participant, you’ll take significantly discounted ACC classes, earning a level 1 career certificate at the same time as your high school diploma.
- ACC Highland Campus
- This program is designed for rising high school juniors.
- Rising high school seniors may apply and complete the second half of the program after high school graduation.
- “TSI complete” standing is recommended but not required.
- Maintain overall ACC GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Earn a C or better in all ACC Academy courses.
- Twice weekly for 4+ semesters
This certificate prepares students for work as entry-level technicians in advanced manufacturing. Skills in CAD/CAM layouts, basic circuits and automation controls, and manufacturing operations provide a solid foundation for careers in semiconductor and electronics, medical device manufacturing and other fields.