A World of Opportunities Within Your Reach
Learning should be fun, and college should be an exciting path for hard-working students. Upward Bound is a program designed to transform your high school experience by exploring, participating, and discovering opportunities beyond high school.
Benefits of Upward Bound
By enrolling in Upward Bound you will:
- Receive tutoring and individualized advising support for continued high school success
- Explore college through college tours, field trips, and social/cultural events
- Develop your leadership skills through mentorship and real-world workshop sessions
- Discover college and career opportunities that fit your personal goals
Upward Bound is for students interested and motivated to attend college. To participate in Upward Bound, you must meet the following requirements:
- Show financial need, and/or be a first-generation college student (see Federal Income Guidelines)
- Attend Reagan ECHS or Travis ECHS
- Have a valid U.S. Social Security Number
- Completion of 8th grade with interest in attending college
- Zoned to Eastside, LBJ, Navarro, Northeast, and Travis Early College High School.
Our dedicated Upward Bound advisors support students from their freshman to senior year. In addition, each Upward Bound student must commit to the following program requirements:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 until graduation
- Enroll in appropriate, but challenging classes
- Maintain regular contact with your assigned Upward Bound advisor throughout the academic year
- Attend all Upward Bound events.
Through federal TRIO funding, Upward Bound provides free year-round academic and college preparation services to students who are interested in pursuing a college education.
Are you ready to transform your high school experience?
Connect with us to learn more about ACC’s Upward Bound Program.