TRIO-Talent Search is a program funded by the U.S. Department of Education and locally sponsored by Austin Community College. Talent Search is designed to assist students in preparing for college and obtaining admissions to the college of their choice. This program provides a supportive framework to aid students to successfully complete high school and enroll in and complete their postsecondary education.
Talent Search Scholars Receive:
- Academic support such as tutoring, test prep, and study skills
- Exposure to colleges and universities
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Information on student financial assistance
Talent Search Eligibility Requirements:
Students must meet the following federal TRIO eligibility criteria.
- Current 6th – 12th grade students with an interest in attending college
- Qualify as low income and/or potential first generation college graduate (neither parent has received a 4-year degree)
- Student must be a U.S. Citizen or in the process of obtaining citizenship
Talent Search Schools and Team
Jason Brown, Director
- Austin Community College-Highland Campus
Christie Curtis, Advisor
- Burnet Middle School
- Navarro Early College High School
Scarleth Lopez, Advisor
- Martin Middle School
- Eastside Early College High School
How to apply for Talent Search
Students who are interested in participating in Talent Search may apply online or in person with the Talent Search Advisor on their campus. Our applications are in both Spanish and English. A parent or guardian signature is required to participate in Talent Search.
If you have any questions or would like more information on Talent Search email us at TalentSearch@austincc.edu or call us at 512-223-1464.
Follow us on Instagram to stay up-to-date with everything we have going on throughout the school year and summer, and use our LinkTree to access important forms such as our application and field trip consent forms.Back to Top